Monday, January 12, 2009

So I will give my best shot at "analyzing" the poem, "I, being born a woman and distressed." I being a testosterone producing, hairy chested, man of a man would not typically jump on a poem written about a woman, by a woman. My initial reading of this poem left me with thoughts of previous relationships with certain women I've met over the years, so I will give it a go. The poem seems to be about the erotic whims of a woman kept quiet due to the social order of the 1920's. I can't decide if the woman is talking about an encounter with the man she is admiring or if it is merely her imagination. The author seems to want to break out of her decorum and indulge her sensuality. The rapper Ludacris puts it best by saying "A lady on the street, but a freak in the bed." The end of the poem leads me to believe that the woman is merely infatuated by the physical aspects of temptor and would only like to procure more palpable interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment