Monday, March 2, 2009

Not funny "haha "

It took me a little longer to read this essay, i had to manage my time around the 7:00 hour of scrubs as well as the Cavs game and i managed to watch a movie. I can't quite recall what it was, it was a good movie dont get me wrong im just a little spacy. So i just spent about a half hour finishing up reading and re-reading the essay and i have to say i enjoyed it. I was intially captivated by the references to monty python. my father and i both share a love for monty python films i even bought him a DVD copy of the meaning of life. we were the only ones in the living room that christmas morning because the rest of my family doesnt quite get why we get our chuckles from watching a fat man eat a little "paper thin wafer." so anyways away from me and back to the essay. i enjoyed the essay very much because it kind of made me reminisce about me and my father watching monty python sketches sort of like what i did earlier. the esasy analyzed comedians that made me think back to comedians i have seen on tv. demetri martin uses a big notebook pad sort of like Edward Aczel.and there are other comedians i know of that come on stage and dont have much stage presence but are terrifically funny. welp sorry im going to have to cut this short, id like to write more but ive got some matters to attain to

8 comments:

  1. That guy Aczel totally reminded me of Dimitri Martin as well. He is hilarious! My favorite part in the story by Zadie Smith is where she puts her fathers remains in the tupperware container. Don't know if i would do that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it was a sweet game, i think it was like 106 to 97 or something like that Lebron had 40+

    ReplyDelete
  3. good question...did they win

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep..some comedians don't have good stage presence...my favorite would be the guy that has his whiskey and a cigar...really funny, but i don't know his name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Demetri Martin reference. It's a good medium to relate how past comedy can still be funny to audiences today. "I saw a guy with a leather jacket, and I thought 'that is cool.' Then, I saw a guy with a leather vest, and I thought 'that is not cool.' Then it occurred to me, cool is all about leather sleeves."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that LBJ had 40+ points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aczel reminded me more of Steven Wright than Demitri Martin. Steven Wright is terribly awkward. Just as Aczel seemed to be.

    PS
    Cigar and whiskey is Ron White. Just so you know, Amber! :D

    ReplyDelete